Development of “Sensor Head-separation type” sCMOS camera for soft X-ray, EUV, etc. under vacuum conditions
We have jointly developed a “Sensor Head-separation type sCMOS camera“ in collaboration with ARTRAY Co., Ltd. Since the sensor-head and the camera body are separated, it is possible to easily install only the sensor-head into a vacuum environment.
R&D of soft X-ray/EUV conducted in a vacuum environment
- No suitable camera that is easy to use and install
- Limited space for installation
- Lacking in support for use (measures for outgassing, etc.).
- Only the sensor-head can be installed into a vacuum environment by separating the sensor-head from the camera body, and it makes easier to set up the camera.
- R&D of Soft X-ray/EUV is facilitated by using a sensor sensitive to UV-area.
case study details
In response to requests for easy-to-use cameras to conduct experiments in a vacuum environment from universities and R&D institutions that conduct soft X-ray and EUV research, we have developed a “Sensor Head-separation type camera" with Gpixel/GSENSE400BSI which has sensitivity in UV-area, and that makes installing the sensor-head in a vacuum environment easier compared to the existing “Standard vacuum camera" and “Flange-mounted camera“ .
Comparison of each type
|Flange mount type
|Variation of camera for vacuum conditions
|Because of small sensor-head, installation position is flexible in vacuum chamber
|Requires large space in vacuum chamber
|Sensor installation position is limited to flange position
|CMOS/digital output can use long-cable without noise increase.
Special features of Sensor Head-separation type sCMOS camera
- Camera body does NOT require vacuum support.
- High flexibility for installation in vacuum chamber as flange and sensor head are cable-connected.
- Refrigerating sensor in a vacuum environment is possible with Peltier cooling-system equipped in the sensor head.
Special features of GSENSE400BSI CMOS-image sensor
- 2k x 2k BSI s (Scientific)-CMOS image-sensor
- Peak QE : 95%@580nm
- Ultra low read noise, 1.2e-, High dynamic range up to 97.78dB
- Many supply experiences to universities & institutions for EUV, soft X-ray use
We will listen to needs of our customers, and we can propose optimal products based on the Kanematsu Group global network and many years of technical capabilities.